Monday, December 12, 2011

Holy Cross Memorial Park

When we talk about cemeteries, horror or ghost stories always come first to our minds. When I was younger, every time I pass by a cemetery I think of souls, spirits, white lady and anything else similar to that. But in 2003, my tita died of cancer. Since then, my family and I had been visiting her at Holy Cross and that is why we decided to have our grandfather laid there also.




But I realized, graveyard isn’t just about creepy tales. Every time I visit them, I can get to see the beauty of nature in this very busy city. The place is serene.


I love how the sun peeked from this tree :)
 
I think the best time in visiting your loved ones in this park would be, early morning or late in the afternoon. 10 am to 3 pm can be very hot and may damage our skin. This place is very open, well, unless you have built a musuleo for your deceased family member or relative.




Since building a musuleo is quite pricey, we only had our loved ones buried six feet under.  Sometimes, we'd have picnic there and enjoy sitting on top of the grass, good luck lang sa ants :p 




I know that you may have thought that I will be putting pictures of mausoleum, sepulcher or tombstone. But I really think memorial parks are more than that. Spending some quiet moment while seeing how wonderful our physical world is, will surely make us feel that our family or friend is already at peace.




It is also good to catch the sunset in here. Fantastic. Although I've said to come to this place late in the afternoon, i guess it would be better to leave before 6pm or when it is about to get really dark. Well, we simply don't know what or who we might just encounter. .. :p



No comments:

Post a Comment